EB4 Green Card
EB4 Green Card
You may be eligible for an employment-based, fourth preference (EB-4) visa if you are a special immigrant. The following special immigrants are eligible for the fourth preference visa:
- Religious workers;
- Special Immigrant Juveniles;
- Certain broadcasters;
- Certain retired officers or employees of a G-4 international organization or NATO-6 civilian employees and their family members;
- Certain employees of the U.S. government who are abroad and their family members;
- Members of the U.S. armed forces;
- Panama Canal company or Canal Zone government employees;
- Certain physicians licensed and practicing medicine in a U.S. state as of Jan. 9, 1978;
- Afghan or Iraqi translators or interpreters;
- Iraqis who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government; and
- Afghans who were employed by the U.S. government or International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).
For information on the availability of EB-4 visas, please visit our Adjustment of Status Filing Charts from the Visa Bulletin page.
Petitioning for an Employment-Based Fourth Preference Immigrant
To petition for an employment-based fourth preference immigrant, your employer must file a Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant. However, there are certain situations where you, the employee, may self-petition on your own behalf. Please review the form instructions to see if you are eligible to self-petition and what required supporting evidence needs to be included.
Request an Appointment
Monday to Friday
9:00 to 5:00 by appointment